Wednesday 28 October 2009

Current works

I guess it's a fairly common thing when a teenager says that they write stories, or maybe that's just my imagination. Whenever it snows I always imagine how many people are writing poems about purity and whatnot but anyhow... This is what I've got right now. I'll give a little more depth and detail in later posts, this is just a quick overview on what I'm writing now and my short term plans for the future.

First off there's a story without a name. It follows a young man called Thomas who is sent, by a stranger, to deliver a set of keys to another stranger but soon finds himself out of his depth and has to work out just what he's been dragged into. I would give more information on this story but I'm afraid that as of yet I have no idea how it turns out! This story started as an exercise. At school, college and university teachers and lecturers insist that it's harder to write without a plan than with one, but I wondered where the story would take me if I simply drifted along with it.

Next there's a script called 'The last of the Angels' and it's now in its fifth (I think) rewrite stage. As it stands it's approximately an hour and forty-five minutes long. It follows two Angelic beings, Alex and Thomas, on earth and the struggles they face when one turns human and the other realises hat he's in love with his, now mortal, best friend.

A selection of short stories that I'm writing as a Christmas present for a friend are taking up the majority of my spare time at the minute, the finished works so far include 'Winnie-the-Pooh and the tall tree', ''Death in Colin's bookshop' and 'Louis' back story'. More on each of those later.

I have a plotline worked out for a teenager called Liam and a mystery female friend. She is the only person he remembers after a, rather horrific, car crash. But he doesn't know how he knows her. In his efforts to discover who she is he also finds out that he's not always the person that his friends think he is (namely a 'hard bastard') but has a softer side too. As I said, I know the plot of this, but haven't yet decided whether to write it as prose or in a screenplay. I might try and write both simultaneously for a challenge and see where I end up!

And finally a story that I cannot start to write for another four days... I'm joining in with National Novel Writing Month this year. My contribution will be a story called 'Elliot and Lilly'. But I'll keep you updated on this project as it gets Written.

Keep smiling,
Sx

No comments: