Sunday 11 November 2007

Aaron's Birthday

There is a reason why the title is proclaiming my brothers birthday, and not remembrance day as I guess people would expect. He's twenty-two now btw. I don't understand concepts like remembrance day and valentines day. Sure, it's good to remember, or to show someone that you love them, but shouldn't we be doing it all year round? Why a special day?

I am not sure where I read it but the quote "The best way to forget something is to commemorate it". I agree with this entirely, people spend two minutes a year being silent, why?! The majority of them are trying to avoid giggling at each other or avoiding each others eyes. After this "we've done our part" and can get back to our daiy lives. Phwoar, that WAS a fun couple of minutes wasn't it!

on the plus side my cat Willow, who didn't bat an eyelid at fireworks hated the local marching band. Cat got taste.

S

No comments: